
He will be showing up sometime in late June. It was so fun to see him for the first time yesterday!
P.S. I am grateful for your thoughts and prayers and messages during the past couple of weeks. My dad's funeral was a comforting, healing experience for me and for my family members. I also loved spending time with my family before and afterwards, telling favorite stories of him. Since then I've thought of things I wished I'd shared, but didn't think of at the time.
For example: He was always thinking of others' needs and taking care of them. We lived in a large schoolhouse without central heating. I knew when my dad was cold because he'd get blankets and coats for everyone else and make sure they got warm too! (he'd do it even if we told him we were fine.) He'd always come in at night and make sure I had an extra blanket. And he also always shared his food. Though he was thin, he had a large appetite and was constantly preparing food, whenever he had time. Usually it was something involving fresh fruits and vegetables. Anyway, he seemed to enjoy making sure everyone around him ate with him.
I am not as selfless as he was, but now this is one of my goals.
Okay, so now this post is more about my dad than our new baby, which is not what I set out to do! But time is so short and my sister's right--take the moment to share, don't wait until you've forgotten about it.

4 comments:
Congratulations!
How exciting! 2 girls and now 2 boys.
That's wonderful news! And, I enjoyed the anecdote about your father. What a neat man.
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Hugs about your Dad, I'm sorry. I lost mine 10 years ago. It's precious gift to have those special memories.
Post a Comment