Sunday, February 1, 2009

Proud

Today I'm proud of:

1) Maggie, because she volunteered to get up in front of the whole primary to tell the story of Adam and Eve and she did a great job. She was shaking, she was so scared. But after the first frantic look for help in my direction, (and my silence, because I hadn't been paying attention and didn't know what she was supposed to say) she went bravely on. I know it was a very hard thing for her, but she did it!!!! Since the new year we've had a bigger Primary and it's all combined for the first hour, so I think she was intimidated by all the big kids (especially the class of rowdy boys). At home we've been talking about doing brave things even if we're scared, such as speaking in front of lots of people--and she put it beautifully into practice.

2)Lucie, because she is finally walking!!! Little by little, day by day over the past week, she's been practicing. The first day, she figured out how to stand up in the middle of the room, and was so delighted with herself that she stood there and laughed and screamed. Then she crouched down and stood up again, laughing and screaming, over and over. She looked so funny balancing on her little legs, revelling in her new accomplishment. And yes, I know what this means, but I am still excited--just as I was when Maggie and Evan figured out how to walk. I love it when my kids achieve each new milestone. They are cute small but I enjoy them more and more as they grow up (and I think I am more and more relieved to not have to do so much for them). Yes, there will be more messes, more stress, more potential for accidents, more emotional issues to deal with, but nothing brings me greater joy than watching them grow.

P.S. Thank you, Tina, for the link to the plaid background!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How sweet. I'm sure Maggie did a great job with the Adam and Eve story, she is so smart!
And hurray for walking :) I always loved that milestone, even though it came with some bumps and bruises.
P.S. Love your new background!

Jana said...

Good job, Maggie! Yay, Lucie! That is so much fun to see them just take off. There's no stopping her now. :)

Tina said...

I'm glad you figured it out!!! It looks great.

And soooooo cool that Maggie could stand in front of a crowd, what an accomplishment. We are so blessed to have our children grow up with these opportunities.

And walking! A milestone . . . great going Lucie!