Sunday, March 1, 2009

Some thoughts on March 1





Well, has it really been one whole month (albeit a short one) since I last blogged? What are we up to? Lucie toddles around, I am starting to teach piano, Jonathan is getting switched over to a permanent position with his company because the six-month trial period is over, Maggie and Evan are looking forward to spring so they can play outside with their friends. Speaking of which, we saw a little peek of it the other day:


Maggie counted 9 fine little crocuses in our front yard. Looks like we'll have some mini daffodils soon and maybe some tulips as well. We started out on a walk to the playground (see above) but turned around and went home after a few minutes (stiff cold winds; see Lucie's hair). The kids did get to play on our backyard swingset later on, though. Today? It's snowing. By the way, as a young elementary-school kid I used to think "in like a lion, out like a lamb" meant that if March started out yellow and sunny (the color of a lion, right?), it would end snowy and white (the color of a lamb). My teachers would say it but never explain it, so I kinda had it backwards, though I got the general concept. If I don't write again for a month, may it be a warm, sunny April 1!

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

Those are the before pictues ...now you'll have to post the after. After the foot of snow ones.
We missed you for a whole month.

Unknown said...

Love the pics of your cute kids! I need to set up a time to have Maggie come and play with Grace.

Jeanne E. Madsen said...

Um...that child in the pink sweater is so cute it's hurting my feelings.