Monday, January 19, 2009

A Sweet Little Gift

Yesterday I was feeling a little sad...probably because it was January and cold, among other things. Someone noticed. That someone gave me this:

A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett plus a handmade bookmark (and anonymous card). This happens to be one of Maggie's favorite books. Looks suspiciously like the one that used to be on her bookshelf. I started reading it, since I never had read it before and was curious. How did I miss this one when I was a kid? Maggie keeps asking me if I like it. I tell her I do, I like it very much. I'm almost done. What a great gift--and a cure for the winter blues.

2 comments:

Tina said...

It's great to have sensitive children . . . . when they reach out to touch you instead of thinking of themselves, which comes naturally at that age it is very touching!

Unknown said...

How sweet!