Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Dress

Jonathan's sister Marie is a fabulous seamstress and makes gorgeous dresses for lucky people like Maggie. She let Maggie pick out her own pattern and we gave her the measurements over the phone, and then, a few weeks later, voila! The dress arrived by mail, totally perfect in every way--not even wrinkled! This is the dress Maggie wore on her baptism day, and the next day to church. She loves it and feels just like a princess in it. And she is a princess, we tell her!

I am a daughter of royal birth,
My father is King of Heaven and Earth.
My spirit was born in the courts on high,
A child beloved, a princess am I.

This poem really touched me as a 11 year-old attending Girls' Camp for the first time (I was allowed to go because I would soon be 12) and I memorized it when I got home.


Evan makes sure we don't forget he's hanging around in the background.







Thanks, Marie!

1 comment:

Jana said...

So pretty! What a perfect poem, too.