Sunday afternoon I went visiting teaching while Jonathan and Lucie snoozed and the other kids played outside. Later at dinner, Jonathan asked me if I'd noticed Evan's eye--it looked bloodshot in one corner. I hadn't, and asked what had happened. And the story unfolded thus: Apparently a stick wielded by Maggie accidentally found its mark in Evan's eyeball (imagine that) while they were outside together. She then apologized, put her arms around him to comfort him, and then led him inside where he could recover. "And why didn't you get me when this happened?" asks Jonathan. "Well, you were sleeping, Dad, and we didn't want to wake you up!" While we're glad they were so considerate, Jonathan said, half-jokingly, "Please, kids, if one of you ever loses an arm, don't bleed to death outside while you're waiting for me to wake up so I can take you to the hospital!"
We probably took 10 pictures before we got a good one of his eye (hard for a 4-year-old to keep from moving all body parts including eyeballs while posing for the camera). Somehow this mug shot struck me as really funny (those are Jonathan's fingers):

1 comment:
Cute. Glad he is ok!
Post a Comment